Exception on startup - Object not ready

Apr 17, 2009 at 4:35 PM
I get this Exception when the control loads - any idea what it could be?

{"Object is not ready for use.  If starting up, please use Host.RenderEngine.Initialized.  Alternatively, it may be already torn down or disposed."}
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2009 at 5:59 PM
Hi,

An exception may pop out if you use map functionalities before the map's itself loaded. You definately have to handle the map loading event by this.map.OnMapLoad += new VEEventHandler(map_OnMapLoad); and make map related operation inside map_OnMapLoad. Otherwise, map is not initialized completely and you may have to face tones of exceptions depending on the VEMap method you are calling.

Keep in mind, after MapLoad event is fired, map is ready to use.
Hope this helps.
May 5, 2009 at 3:11 PM
Hi there,

Today I continued to work on my application and all of a sudden I got this exeption : "Object is not ready for use.  If starting up, please use Host.RenderEngine.Initialized.  Alternatively, it may be already torn down or disposed".
Friday it was working like a charm, and today after a couple of minor changes (I added a DispatchTimer) the application fails to fire.

My back-up also fails to run, could this be a problem with the .dll's that I use?

Toner.
May 6, 2009 at 9:03 AM
Hi guys,

It seems to be a problem with the connetion to the MS Virtual Earth servers. Cause today it is working like a charm again.
I'm thinking about writing some code to check the serverresponse.

Toner.