Traffic Load

Apr 11, 2009 at 1:19 PM
Hello,

First I should congrate you as your project is very useful and good written. But I have some questions about it:
First, why on the dashboard control traffic is missing (I saw it exists on Live Maps of virtual earth). I know you got a method for loading traffic but as I tried to use it on the Click event of some button, it doesn't works.
Second, could you give me some more info about how exactly you get the maps from Virtual earth. You are not using Web Services as I saw them in MSDN, but it's ambiguous for me to understand how you do it. I'm new on WPF and especially with Virtual Earth but your project was very useful for a beginner.

Best Regards,
Veronica
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2009 at 9:33 PM
Edited Apr 16, 2009 at 9:39 PM
Hi Veronica,

Sorry for replying late but I was not notified by CodePlex that there is a new entry for this project.
I'm going to check the load traffic functionality, control is still in alpha, so nothing is guaranteed in this period.

I'm using a WebBrowser element to load the existing map controlVirtual Earth's Interactive SDK servers. And invokes JS functions as you call VEMap methods. I hope this summary illustrated the big picture. I'll be working on to fix stuff and release a more stable and completed solution.

Thanks for the great words.
Apr 18, 2009 at 6:33 AM

Hi Burcu,

Thanks but I get the idea of your application before your reply (by investigating the code). I succeeded to show the traffic and it works very nice. After all I want to thank you because your work set the frame and now I can fill it with whatever functionality I need. :) 

Best Regards,
Veronica